Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Outside chalk art

This afternoon was a center-wide outside chalk art day of fun! We blocked off an area of the parking lot. The children came out and decorated our parking lot! 

Many children drew shapes and lots of hearts! That tells me we have happy kiddos! 
This kids set boundaries marked by chalk lines. "This is my personal space" I heard one child say. I love the conversations you hear when your just listening! 
Here we have one child laid out to have his body traced! We discussed crime scenes and safety procedures. The children told me that this is what detectives do. I even heard someone say that they might become a detective one day! 
Other children were over the chalk drawing but luckily we had other activities available for them. From hula hoops, ball and jump ropes to some kids just picking up nature items, like leaves, the day turned out to just be a day of fun outdoor learning and perfect weather! 

To view all the fun activities we have scheduled, please feel free to visit our website at: 

www.hollytreechildcare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment